Benefits to hospitals and their patients
- Has the ability to be used by a much larger audience and is easily shared amongst patients, their family and carers
- Is sharing the information in a format that is expected by a "mobile connected" society
- Would have broad appeal amongst all generations, carrying their mobile phones with them constantly.
- Would also be a bonus when the paper copy of the guide has been souvenired, misplaced, in the bin or just not available for any reason.
- Would also be available for family and carers to download, providing them with relevant information before, during and even after the patient's stay in hospital. No more sharing one paper copy between the whole family, carers and patient.
- Would be available to download prior to a hospital visit, providing patients with relevant information earlier and in turn helping them, their families and carers better plan in advance, the patient's stay and the carers own visits.
- Especially handy for out of town visitors, providing them with interactive information, including one touch contact plus GPS directions to the hospital, sponsor's businesses and other hospital services.
- Can remain on patient's and carers phones long after the hospital stay, providing them with an easy way to stay in contact with the hospital and other services provided in the guide.
- Won't get lost, misplaced or left behind. It is sitting on the home screen of a users phone 24/7. Making it simple to access relevant information and hospital related services
Example of how an App may look. when viewed on a phone
Click the play button for an interactive tour of a demo app. Use your mouse to navigate the different screens
Features available to app users
- One touch contact with hospital switchboard, website and email
- Patient guide, easily navigable under separate subheadings
- News feed, allowing patients to keep up to date with the latest headlines, sport, finance, entertainment and business news in an easy to use format. Helping fill in some of the downtime they have between doctor and support staff visits
- Public Transport Widget, interactive feature allowing users to seek out public transport methods, timetables and map directions
- Parking reminder and car locator, very handy for visitors from out of town and those in a timed parking zone
- Patient enquiry and feedback forms. Customisable with the information required by each hospital
- Hospital Maps - allowing navigation to and from hospital as well as within the hospital grounds. To be supplied by the hospital.
- Simple app sharing, enabling family, friends and carers the same access to information that patients receive from the hospital guide.
- Notepad, handy for patients, carers and families to keep notes in regards to a patients stay, treatment and follow ups.
- Patient share wall, similar to a facebook group, allowing patients to keep in touch and share with others that they have met during their hospital stay. Building a sense of community and possible friendships. (optional)
- Other custom forms that may be required by the hospital (optional)
- Image gallery if requested (optional)